What should I do with a Monster AVS2000 and an HTS5100 ???

HudsonValleyNoah

I got these 2 units along with a really cool Carver C1000A HT amp (and a pair of minty RF-7's in CHERRY.)

The Monster units were basically free and are quite pretty so I would like to put them to use.

Can anyone tell me weather it makes any sense to use both together?

If so, what does each do, in simple terms.

Thanks guys,

Noah

no monster forum that I can find...

Sure, tech support is an option but i know some of the guys use these units and if this post caught the right eye then I would have the right answers.

At this point i am trying to figure out if you should plug the 5100 into the 2000 or the other way around.

I also need to figure out that whole 12 volt trigger thing.

Better yet, have someone explain it to me - lol

new hardware IS fun!

Noah

The AVS2000 is a voltage regulator. Basically keeps inbound wall voltage at 120 volts.

The HTS5100 provides power conditioning. Removes noise. Captures surges.

Basically, you plug the HTS5100 into the AVS2000. All your devices go into the HTS5100.

Basically the AVS2000 is a voltage stabalizer trading current flow for stable line voltage. The 5100 provides the surge protection and I would guess be the second device in the chain. 12v trigger allows the devices to power up remote devices. I have the 5100 and I use the 12v trigger from my reciever to switch on the outlet on mt 5100 that my sub is plugged into. That way I dont have to leave the sub on 24/7 or switch it on manually.