in wall/ceiling speakers - what more should I run?

jimmerz

I am getting a basic set up where all my cables will be run in the wall so I can mount my plasma Tv. I wanted more than 1 HDMI cable. The company I am using said that for up to 30ft of HDMI it is $220 (LMAO) BUT, he did say once they run my wiring, I can go in and piggy back on their runs.

I only need about 15ft of HDMI and I can buy it online for about $26 for 20 ft. Any of you Home Theater Gurus have any more advice for me as to other things I should run while I am in there before the drywall get put up?

I will already have an electrical outlet where the TV will be mounted. All my equipment will be in the corner of my room (hidden).

Thanks, Jim

Jim: I am in no way endorsing that you buy products from Blue Jeans Cable as I've not even seen their product much less purchased any of it. However, if you'd care to review what I consider to be a wealth of information on the HDMI format and the proper cabling, please visit the Blue Jeans web site and the official HDMI.Org web site for detaled information that may help you answer your own questions about HDMI runs. Just remember that all HDMI cables are not created equal and in the case of HDMI, gauge DOES matter when you consider the run length and required signal bandwidth. I hope you find these sites helpful. -Glenn

I'd run some wires for subs to a couple locations

I'd run speakers wires to the rears and dead end in wall plates in case you decide to ever add floor speakers

I'd run wires for a computer music server

I'd run PVC pipe chase so I could run whatever I wanted down the road!

I'd try to run wires for a future projector

You might have already done or thought about all this ...