EMOTIVA good amp for KHorns?

Lawrence H Wesson

This is my first post. I have recently purchased a pair of '85 KHorns. I am driving them with a Onkyo TX-SV515PRO and would like to get more power, to sound cleaner and present a good "sound stage".

I have pretty much decided on the Emotiva RSP-1 and XPA-2 over the Bel Canto. I have read two reviews that sound good and the price is great! What do you think of this brand?

Would these work with the KHorns? Would they be too much power and might damage the speakers? Would more power available to the speakers (these amps are bridgeable into a 1,000 watt (8 ohms) monoblock amp improve the sound from the speakers. I do not play them real loud - on the Onkyo about 8 on the dial out of 40 units (whatever they are).

The Bel Cantos are very interesting but I do not understand if the price (more expensive than the Emotiva) justifies their new technology and if this new technology (whatever it does) will sound any better than the Emotivas.

Any one, please your opinion.

Oh, can anyone tell me how to take the "Lawrence H Wesson" and replace it by "Woofer" - relating to pic of my dog below it?

Thx,

Larry Wesson

Larry,

Welcome to the forum.

From the past posts about the Emotiva brand it is really positive. I don't know how many people how used the amps with Heritage speakers, mostly Reference Series. I myself am thinking about getting it but for the HT not the 2-channel. I do believe they have a 30-day money back guaranty, so if it doesn't sound good you can return them minus the shipping.

As for the changing the name, you might want to talk to Amy, she is the one in charge and also works for Klipsch.

James

Well, not really. I saw other names that had some interest or pizaz (sp?) (not to be confused with pizza) and suddenly it dawned on me that my name (above pic) should be Woofer - so that it goes with my dog Lucy Liu (her name de Plume). However I cannot figgure out how to change "Lawrence H Wesson" to "Woofer". Sent an email to someone called Amy (amy@klipsch.com my guess as to her email address) but have had no luck.

Thx,

Larry