Help with RP-5s connections

Gargamel

Hi,

I am new to this home theater thing, I own a Sherwood 7106 and it says that it has a subwoofer pre out. Now my question is how should I hook a pair of RP-5s I originally used a y adapter, hooked up to the lfe inputs of the speakers, then I read that I shouldn't be using that because it is a pre-out and hooked them up to the line ins. The bass did not sound nearly as good hooked up to the line ins. Now I have it hooked up so that there is one cable fromt the amp going to the right speaker's LFE then from that speaker's LFE out I have it going to the left speakers LFE in. Also I would like to know if I should have the jumper hooked up between the two pairs of binding posts. This post is also posted in the Technical questions sections as well so don't bother looking it should have the same subject. Thank you for your help.

I bought a pair of rp-3's a couple of months ago, and am running the sub on them from the subwoofer out-on my Denon AVR-3300 to the LFE in on each speaker. I just split the output on the back of my reciever with a y, so both subs are playing the same sounds. If that matters to you and you want them to play their respective channel lows, then you'll need to use the line outs on the reciever. The only thing that I don't like about running the rp-3's how I am is that the only way to limit the output of the subs is to turn the sub out on my receiver down, which also cuts back on any other sub hooked up to the system. If anybody has an idea for getting around this, I'd be interested, as they will clip out when listening to music really loud. As far as running a jumper between the binding posts, it shouldn't be necessary. The multiple posts (high, low) are for hooking them up to a separate amp (one for high, one for low).

teke, what i'd do for what u have & want is just run speaker level from your denon front speaker terminals to the rp high level speaker terminals w/ the straps on between those high & low posts. on the denon set the fronts:large and sub to "LFE ONLY".

then hook up any other front sub(s) including the rp lfe ins to the sub preout of the denon, just to help out on the LFE. guess that's why they call em LFE Ins on the rp in the 1st place.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 01-29-2002 at 07:37 PM