Help please with KL-650-THX LCR placement

rogert

Hi again.

I have 2 questions.

1. Is it better to have all 3 mains behind the screen? I have a small room (13ft square), and my choices are either L and R at screen side, but close to side walls, toed in ... or wider screen with all 3 mains placed in the wall behind. Screen material will A.T. be coming from Chris at Seymour.

2. The KL 650's have a couple of woofers on the right and a horn on the left as they arrived in the boxes (judging by position of Klipsh logo on grilles). Is it better to turn them 90 degrees so the horns are at top (or bottom), to get a more 'balanced' left to right layout? (i.e 'portrait' rather than 'landscape')

Any ideas to optimum distance between L and R would be great. I am putting the speakers in the walls, so I need to get it right the first time as I'll be breaking holes in my exterior clay block walls and wouldn't want to have to do it twice!

thanks

In a smaller room spread em out. It will make it "feel" bigger.

Your screen size has more to do with your seatting position distance, not just bigger is always better. Get the projector first, THEN buy the correct screen for that projector in That room. Do the math and make sure your projector is in the good zone of placemet too. (They will tell you in the manual!)

PS., The three up front should look like this.. (The ones on the stands)

Enjoy!

post-5910-13819417796668_thumb.jpg