Transducer Grooming: Maintaining Your Speakers

I've been staring at LaScalas and Belles online lately, but I have to face the reality that is...I'm not going to be able to convince my lovely wifethatI need an upgrade (given that I just sold my pre and amps for new pair of monoblocks).

So, I've been seriously considering finally purchasing the DeanG crossover upgrade for my RF-7s.

Is there anything else I can do to these to improve the fidelity? Thoughts and ideas:

1. They came from a smoking home, a party house, and I feel like cleaning behind the tweeter screen or cleaning the screen itself. Is this possible? How should I go about it? Does this matter? A light rub of alcohol on the screen with Q-tip? IIRC, the screens seemed a little dirty.

2. Currently, they are sitting on spikes on a raised wood floor which sits on steel beams.

3. One of the midrange woofers has a small indent. Not on the center dome but the radial part (my cat knocked a PC mouse off the top and it fell down behind the screen).

4. The DeanG upgrade.

Anythingelse? Comments appreciated.

DC