B&K AVP 3090 VS. Luxman TP-117

tim3

I was using a Luxman TP-117 for a pre amp for awhile.The Audiogon blueboof states the Luxman was 1987 & retailed new at $1250.I decided to try to upgrade & bought a B&K AVP 3090 pre amp.Audiogon states it's 1997 & retails for $2500.It is THX,which at this point in time I'm only interested in 2 channel syereo.The B&K seems complicated to me.I was wondering if anyone have an opinion about the quality of the Luxman compared to the B&K.Any advice & opinion is greatly appreciated.Thanks,Tim.

• Like 1

The B&K has alot more adjustments and therefore can be more difficult to use. However, it is NOT impossible to use and can really turn out sweet. Because it has more flexibility than other pre amps, you can set it up to sound good in your particular environment.

I have had my B&K system for about 2 years now and every time I listen to it I'm amazed. I'm not familiar with the Luxman so I can't rate it against the B&K but I can tell you that after finding the right adjustments on my B&K (it did take some time), I would highly recommend it.

Good Luck.