SWS humming noise when touching power or control pod cable

sullysnet

I was wondering if any SWS owners are having this issue? If you touch the power chord it makes the sub thump or humm. If you touch the volume cable it will have the same effect. I tried plugging it into different outlets and originally it was used on my parents home theater setup. Even down there if you stepped on the cable or got anywhere near the cables it would humm.

Sort of hoping someoene else has seen this and found a cure. The cable is only 2 prong and has no ground so I don't know another way to ground it.

thanks

I would love to invest in a better power chord but this chord isn't your everyday chord. It's a special 2 prong cable with no ground. I have only seen it on one site and it for some medical equipment.

"magnetic personality" ha ha I wish!!! [:P]

the remote is a volume only pod (little circle volume control) I would leave it disconnected but I do not know the results of that. Is it set full volume without it or no volume at all?

http://www.klipsch.com/products/discontinued/details/sws.aspx

thanks