3 Blown Amps In One Year!

sojodave

When I got my sub10 subwoofer, I was giddy as a school girl. But, in June, I was horrified when my beautiful blue light was no more. I took it apart and there was nothing obvious. I called Klipsch and told them my sad tale and they said it would be $60 to get it fixed. I sent the amp off to Klipsch and waited with baited breathe. When I got it back, I had a constant hummmmmm. I called Klipsch and told them my story and they said they would send another amp. Third amp worked like a champ for two months and then the dreaded light went out. Three amps in a short time is too much to handle. I had the amp plugged into a surge protector. Do I need to get a power conditioner? I have a home that was built 5 years ago, I can't imagine what else I am doing to make my amps go so quickly. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

I can guess you have other gear connected and the other gear works fine. It is not an electrical problem...sub amp problem. You had bad luck, sometimes it happens.

If you have a surge protector with ~2000 plus joules rating you h should not worry. I had two Sunfire subs die on me,one in one day the other in ~ month,bad luck and I got lemons.

Heck I even had a JL Audio f113 amp go bad (connection),that JL replaced (whole sub). You see failing electronics do not ahev a price tag,you may have a little Sub10 or a multi G sub and it may fail.