Subs and stuff...

watchdog

Hi everyone.....My HT speakers consists of RP5's up front, RC3 center, RS3s rears and a RW-12 sub behind my sectional.

The RP5s up front have 12 inch powered subs and with the RW-12 in the back of the room, it sounds awesome. My setup is

about 5 years old, the RP5s I bought a year earlier and hung onto til I could get the rest of the speakers and reciever. I basically

am wondering 2 things :

1 - Can someone give me some tips on setting up the RP5s and the RW-12? All I did, was hook them all up and play. I set

my front speakers to small, and that was about it. I know they both can be tweaked but I have no idea how. When I read the

specs, Im lost. Setting crossovers and the phase on the sub are somethings I want to learn about, now that Im getting into the

blu-ray movies.

2 - I just bought the new Yamaha RX-V663 receiver (havent hooked it up yet), and it has 2 sub outs, so just for the heck of it,

I was considering getting another RW-12, but I see its discontinued, and the RW-12d (digital) looks about identical.

Is this ok to use both of these, or would it be overkill? I currently have the RP5 subs and the RW-12 "Y"-d off and run off

the single sub out on the back of the receiver.

Ok I know I said 2 questions, but I just thought of 1 more. [8-|]

3 - Would my front end sound better with different speakers and a separate sub

than the RP5s? Im not sure of the quality of the RP5s compared to other Klipsch front speakers.

My whole system (speakers) are Klipsch and would like to keep it that way, but Ive seen some articles suggesting Klipsch subs

are pretty much on a much lower level than their speakers, and that compared against other subs, theyre junk. I love the way

mine sound, and thats all that matters. Just makes me wonder how much better it could possible sound.

Thanks for the help folks, I appreciate it!