electro-voice t-35

jannegard1

EV showed That particular T-35 as operating up to 19Khz. One thing to watch out for is the ohms, a lot of these were 16 ohms, if you are going to use them in a Heritage product, it will need to be 8 ohms.

If you found a T-35 that extended to 19k you were very lucky.... Most crapped out between 10k and 15k

There are at least a half a dozen different types of T-35's. The 19K spec is for the chrome horn version with the flat capped alinco magnet with the magnet structure larger than a T-35B.

I have two different old T35 data sheets at home, and a different one stored on a computer at work.

One of the ones at home claims ±3dB from 3.5Khz~15Khz on pink noise, and has a hand drawn (smoothed) curve.

The second one I have at home shows an actual plot (smoothed a little) and it is 10dB down at 15Khz, and about 25dB down at 20Khz with respect to the levels around 4Khz. It looks quite similar to the one I posted from Bill Woods.

If you care to post yours, I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection (for grins and giggles).

My T35,,,White magnet,,Chrome horn,,, Was published by John Warren in a mag, article,, The sweep frequency was done in a anechoic chamber at Central Instatute for the Deaf,,, It takes a dive at the high frequencies 10 k,, this was typical of many at this time. I suspect, the quality of the resin/ linnon VC diaphram was thicker and the mass greater.

" If you care to post yours, I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection (for grins and giggles). "

I have a small collection of them....there are diffeent types of T-35's represented and the data is all over the place. I'll get them scanned and put them up.