Power Source

RockOn4Klipsch

I was curious as to what some of you thought about sperates inconjuction with integrated amps. I currently have an Onkyo 805 and satisfied with it in all aspects except 2 channel listening. I was curious if you thought I would benefit from purchasing a seperate for 2 channel listening, I have the option to get a adcom gfa 5503 for a great price. It's rated a 200w x 3ch. Would this help me in what i'm seeking.... that being my RF 5 seem to lack bass at lower listening levels (not sure if it's the rf 5s or the onkyo), when volume increase everything really seems to come to life and get much better dynamics , I'm looking to improve the dynamics at both lower listening levels as well as improving upon the already good dynamics at high dB levels.

Any thoughts or suggestions on whether I would benefit from more power? Or should I just continue to save until I upgrade again to emotiva stuff?

Wow, if it is a really good price then pick it up and see what it can do. It should improve the sound over the current Onkyo. Then if you decide down the line if you want the Emotiva you can turn around and sale the Adcom, for a little more maybe. That is the hard part about all this, someone a say you will love it but it's your ears and your house. So just go for it and report back what you think about it.

James

BTW, I am looking at the Emotiva brand myself.