Audigy card and Promedia 5.1 speakers?

-Madman-

I am thinking about buying new speakers as I just bought the SoundBlaster Audigy platinum card.

1. I have a set of Boston Acoustics media theater 4.1 digital speakers now but they only support 44.1 kHz and would like to know if the promedia 5.1 supports the digital 96 kHz that the Audigy supports?

2. I would like to know if the 5.1 surround sound works with this soundcard out of the box or do I have to buy any special cords or adapters?

I just don't want to spend 400 bucks on a set of speakers that don't support the soundcard that I shelled 200 bucks for.

Thank you.

check your promedia forum post.

your old speakers were analog, they decoded a Dolby Digital signal from the actual subwoofer cabinet, not the computer. klipsch speakers are analog and let the computer do the decoding, therefor, whatever bitrate you computer can putout analogally, your speakers, being promedia's (or any analog speaker) can play it.

BTW, your card is not really 24/96, that is just what i can read, it translates it into a lower rating, like 16/44, somewhere around there.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>