Full Power/Range on all channels

erikjohn

I recently upgraded from the Sony STR 545 to the Yamaha HTR 5250. The difference in sound is no comparison. The full power on all channels is awesome. Anybody with klipsch speakers has to make sure they get an amp with full frequency and power on all channels or you are just killing the sound of your klipsch. The guts of my system is:

Yamaha HTR-5250

Front: Cornwall I's

Rear: KSF 8.5's

Center: Pair Heresey I's

Sub: None

When I swithched the Sony from 2 channel to 5 channel there was a huge gap in the sound frequencies I was hearing. I totally lost alot of sound. It sucked and really irritated me so I had to get an amp that would not do this. The Yamy rocks. I can hardley tell a difference in this with the Yamy the only difference is the placement of the sound.( note that in order to not hear a noticeable difference in the sound you must have at least a properly matched center to your fronts which I learned on this board a couple months ago) I am wondering if anybody out there has made the same discovery as me. Also does anyone have any thing good or bad to say obout the Yamy. I will say tat the sound is great, wish it had more options for the DSP, I like the Video switching, remote is a bit confusing at first but grows on you, menus for changing settings could be better. The bottom line though and most important is it sounds great and the price is very low for the high quality of the sound($469 w/a set of Yamaha Speakers at Best Buy). So what do you got to say about it or any Fully Discrete, Full Range, Full Power on all channel amps.

EJ

yea I have a sony & especially for the rears am enjoying it less & less frown.gif

------------------

RF-3 (front), RC-3, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub

Monsterbass 400 sub cables & Monster Z-12 wire

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

rock on!

erikjohn,

I couldn't agree with you more!! I too had a Sony (who cares what model!) and recently purchased the Yamaha RX-V800 (same as HTR-5280). And the difference is like night and day. I am now a firm believer in same wattage to all channels. And the 5-channel mode is great!! Yes, the remote can be squirrely at times but repetition, repetition, repetition.... I listen to 80% music and 20% HT. I am using KLF-20's (fronts), RCR-5's (rear) and the RC-3. I have already ordered a KLF-C7 to replace the RC-3. Can't wait!!