If I Bi-Amp a 150W Handling Klipsch F-3 Using a 100W/channel Onkyo TX-SR706...

Norm Mowry

will this afford each speaker a total of 200w per channel, thereby allowing each speaker its suggested 150w power handling requirements?

I am concerned my Onkyo TX-SR706 receiver is underpowered at 100W per channel for the 150W handling Synergy F-3 speakers.

This may be a stupid question, as I am not well versed in today's audio specs, but are there any affordable ways to punch up a receiver's power output in order to better match it to one's speaker's power handling?

My apologies if this has been asked before. I tried to search for an answer and found nothing.

Kind regards,

Norm Mowry

Basically, yes, it will give each one 200 watts. I bi amped my F2's, and believe me, it was a day and night difference...... after I re did the auto eq. And I don't think you can punch up a receiver's power. Just bi amp them and you'll be fine. It made a hell of a difference on my F2's!

This may help......

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/111972.aspx

'matching' the speaker's power handling abilities is a non-issue. There are average watts, continuous watts, and peak watts. Most receivers won't put out nearly as much as they claim and most speakers can take 4x the peaks that they advertise.

Totally a waste of time even thinking about it.

More important is understanding the concept of 'bi-amp' and what the receiver manufacturers make you believe are real performance gains by strapping in the 'unused' amp channels.

Relax, do some reading and learn lots more. Welcome to the Madness.