Where? CS-700 really do 1080i upconversion?

Vois

Changing out a Bose 321 to a "just" purchased CS-700 and tech support is closed.... Using the HDMI output it does not appear to be upconverted to 1080i. It is 720x480 (standard DVD def). Just using the info button on the TV tells me what the recieving signal is... I use other HDMI inputs and my PS3 upconverts fine. Although not a deal breaker for me, I find it odd the the literature states that it upconverts. The picture does not look very good at all but I bought it for the optical inputs using a PS3 and Dish Network HD DVR. It does work great with those sensing DTS and Dolby on the optical inputs.

Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing? The menu does not have anything regarding this or changing this...since the HDMI input got "axed" on this reciever, did the upconversion as well get "axed"?

THanks I did finally figure it out thanks to some help here. You have to have a DVD playing then press "info" and you can change it there. Overall I am please.

And yes, the PS3 is arguably the best blu-ray and upconvert player. I use it to stream music and play movies a lot more than games but it is a nice entertainment device.

Thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...

Joining this thread a little late. I'm interested in buying the CS-700 for space limitation reasons. I curently have an LCD to 1080p, PS3, cable box, and a 4 port HDMI switching box. 100% HDMI connectivity today. I'm trying to keep the wiring to a minimum.Can everything work together? This is a playroom setup and I'm trying for a good soundsystem for my PS3 Rockband setup. The speaker bar that came with my Vixio is lame.

If no need for 1080i upconversion, due to having the PS3, would the CS-500 work if I'm willing to give up the HDMI connection? I could save around $300 without the HDMI port.

Any advise would be appreciated. I'm not an audiophile....just trying to cludge together an above avarage setup.