Lascala serial numbers

m82a1pa

Folks,

Several months ago I got a pair of Lascala's from eBay. I'd been searching for several months before I found a pair within driving distance. It seems that when they come up, they're usually in the mid-west or west and shipping would be pretty high and vulnerable to shipping damage.

The seller had them veneered in African Paduak, with the backs and openings finished in a nearly flat black. Unfortunately, the people who had done the work removed the paper labels with the serial numbers and discarded them.

Because they now have the AL crossovers, I believe that dates them to 1983. I have a pair of ALK universal crossover networks due in this week that I plan to build and install next weekend.

When I do that, I'm going to inspect the cabinet interiors in hopes to find where the serial numbers might have been wriiten. If I can find any, I'll email Klipsch to see if I can get two paper labels for replacements.

Does anyone know where the serial numbers could be found?

Thanks

Lascala's in the den

On the back edge, at least until the early 80's, the serial number was also stamped along the edge of the plywood. It may have, in your case, been painted over, but you might be able to see the indentation when looking at it from an extreme angle with a flashligh.

Your "detective" idea is correct. Look inside the bass bin. Flip them upside down, unscrew the bin panel. On the inside of the panel, or somewhere in the woofer enclosure, they sometimes wrote the serial numbers in pencil. Key word... sometimes...

Unfortunately.. you cannot replace the stickers (I asked about that along time ago for a pair of Heresys....) They use a completely different type of sticker which is an automated printout stick on. Your originals were "glue on" with the type code and serial hand written.

Hope that helps; good luck!!