Which Forum Member...

colterphoto1

Thanks Thack, that's exactly the time of lineage info I was looking for.

(Ok so we did install some white KP600 systems) - OMFG- that would be SOOO COOL. Were there a lot of KP600 systems sold? How rare would you say the MCM/KP600/TSCM are? We're getting intel that TSCM is a rare beast indeed.

Did the KP supercede the KI line in the 262 and 362? It seems that the KI lived longer, due to the install system. And it seems that the circular horn 'turntable' in the KI362 is a further refinement of the square 0/90 degree model found in the KP362.

Very good points on the voicing of the speakers as compared to comsumer products. I wonder if that's why my ears like them so, because they sound like live music to me?

So the MCM, LSI, KP600 lines were before the WWR transition, the 262/362 were designed right before and used during transition, and the 4-digit series were built entirely by WWR? Am I getting my time line up to snuff? Any idea of years of builds for the various cabinets? What I"m doing is trying to build a compendium of everything pro so we'll have a definitive guide at some time in the future. One thing in particular I need is what exact horn went into which models.

So folks at home with forte II's are listening through 60x40 horns? That's interesting.

Thanks again,

Michael

Michael,

When WWR acquired Klipsch pro business unit the KP prefix for complete products was in place. I can only assume that when Klipsch Inc regained the business the prefix of KI came about. This was in fact being very retro as the Klipsch professional product group used to be called the INDUSTRIAL range.

the 262, 362, 366 and 456 were definitely a WWR development and the circular motorboard concept was developed by WWR/Klipsch Professional as well. This came about as we were working on a flyable dual 15 bass reinforcement cabinet for the 362 system and decided that the 'rotatable" motorboard section did not need to be square but round would work just as well and indeed gave more options. (For your further information we also began developing circular coaxial mid/tweeter horns that were based on the same outer dimensions of 15", 12" and 8" woofers.)

The MCM, LSI, TSCM & KP600 were well into production before the WWR/Klipsch Professional days. The LSI was a laScala at first with an option to upgrade to a heavier duty woofer (K-43). FYI it was also an option to have the K-43 fitted to any laScala. The TSCM was a Klipschorn LF with the outer "walls or corners" fitted and a high output mid/HF unit that was built for behind the screen cinema operation and you could call them rare but quite a few were built and sold. There were many MCM systems built but by far there were many more MWM's and MWM-S's sold not in the complete system. The KP600 was succesful in its own right with many being permanently installed such as the 12 box cluster that we painted white with white grills and had installed in the First Baptist Church of Little Rock. New Orleans convention center had about 60 KP600 boxes and probably RAM and NE Sound had the largest road rigs. Tom Gallagher sold quite a few road rigs and I sold probably more to fixed install. The KP682 was a wood version of the KP680 of which the prototype was wood and Bob @ Ram had those to test.

All of the 4 digit series were developed at WWR

does this answer your question?

Bill H.

It may be that when Klipsch Inc regained the pro division they focussed primarilly on cinema products and little else. Prior to the sale of the pro business unit to WWR Technology/Klipsch Professional Klipsch marketed their products to the cinema industry in the USA via an exclusive dealer agreement. WWR/Klipsch Professional changed that, developed more products and went to market direct.

very much so sir.

now if you'll all excuse me, I have some newly purchased LSI's to refurbish..... (I just love my new workshop) Never had the all-in-ones before- dang they'e heavy!

Thread with lots of juicy photos to follow.

Michael

• 8 months later...