f3's 24 inchs from wall and sub woofer placement

hdgamerdude

Ok so I read the instructions on the F3s and they suggest to be 24 inches from back and side walls. Does this impact sound that much If I'm not?

I've got everything in an entertainment nook that is about 9 feet wide and about 2 feet deep so between the TV and towers theres only about 6" all the way around.

I also noticed that in the setup diagram they provided they have the sub woofers in the front corner of the wall behind the tv. However I only have room to have it back against the way behind the seating area. Will that drastically alter the sound?

My F2's wouldn't fit the way Klipsch recommended either, but I rearranged our room to make them fit, and I have my subs in the front two corners of the room. I tried having one of the subs behind the seating area, and I didn't like it because you could locate the sub. You could totally tell it was back there. Is rearranging an option for you? If you have to put the F3's where you explained, make sure you toe them in enough. (angle them towards the seating area)

we can rearrange but it looks really odd. =(

I could put the sub in the noock right now but in the next 8 weeks we will be getting an entertainment system built in and I don't think the sub would sound right incased in that. I'd also imagine th vigration noise would suck too from all the paneling / doors.