Your thoughts on this....

PhilMays

BROAD band diffusion is the principle technique you want to employ.

Agreed....but Ethan Winer does not promote broadband diffusion... only absorbtion...maybe because he sells absorbers??

I guess that does read strangely. All diffusion would be broad band, wouldn't it?

But yeah, the gist of it is that its simpler and cheaper to scatter all the waves than try to absorb just the nasty ones.

Actually, I have not visited Ethan's website for some time...seems he has had a change of heart and is now promoting a mixture of diffusion and absorbtion, and not primarily absorbtion. And yes he just happens to have a combo diffuser/absorber unit for sale...It actually looks pretty good but is a bit pricey.

All diffusion would be broad band, wouldn't it?

Nope

But yeah, the gist of it is that its simpler and cheaper to scatter all the waves than try to absorb just the nasty ones.

Hmmm, I find that diffusion is usually lot harder and more expensive to achieve than absorption - at least when building a "panel" to be mounted to a wall.