Bi-amping/Bi-wiring

hazebrewer

Good day!

I have seen this term and have a basic understanding, but perhaps someone can confirm or clarify for me.

Are Bi-amp/Bi-wire are the same thing?

This involves running two sets of wires from each speaker output post on the A/V to speakers which have two sets of input posts?

The reason is essentially to double the volume of wire available to carry current to the speakers?

Tx in advance.

Hazebrewer

(F-1 system is on the ruck!!)

ok, I read that information and I admit that I need to read it again. Having said that, what I took away was that bi-amping ideally provides separate current to the tweeters and the bass. But, isn't tht already accomplished by the A/V receiver when a sub is attached, essentially turning off the base to the speakers? Somewhat confused, but learning....

hazebrewer

Hooking up a sub to your receiver doesn't turn off the bass to the speakers. If you set them to small, it will limit the lower hz being sent to the speakers. I think mine, and don't quote me on this, says in the manual "set speakers capable of producing bass below 60 hz to large, and set them to small if they are not capable of such bass....................

Bi-ampings as you said later in a post is to seperate the frequencies accordingly (ie High Frequency and Low Frequency). With Bi-amping you get 'x' watts to the LF section and 'x' watts to the HF section because it take more work for the amplifier to produce Lower Frequencieswhich will hog the current to prodce those signal across the freuency spectrum. which can cause the amplifier to run out of juice as the source is calling for LF frequency and HF frequency you may not get the production of sound that you may like as 'headroom' isn't there for the speaker to show it's dynamics. so by having 2 amps on one speaker you can ensure that each section can operate at it's fullest.

Bi-wiring uses one amp and 2 sets of speaker wire, the general consensus is it doesn't work but manufacturers (such as klipsch) suggest it. In theory what they hope will happen is that any loss of signal in one set of wires may be made up in the other.

Just my 2 cents.