stretching kg1 legs (STS)

flatgrass

(STS) so to speak

I had the opportunity to acquire a pair of kg1's from Frzninvmt (much appreciated) back in Aug/Sep. They are intended to eventually be rears in a Heritage 5.1. But, I am still trying to figure out how to hid the cable runs (the basement command bunker is quite small, and plaster wall don't help).

Cutting to the chase, the wife is trimming the tree upstairs, and I set the kg1's up on top of the Belles and wired them in. First time I have really "pushed" the small boys. 1-1.5 watts according to the meters. WOW. These are really nice speakers. I can imagine these with a small sub being a very capable setup. I have been listening to them all afternoon.

Are these an un-sung (sp?) gem? How long can I expect to keep them running as well as they do? Replacament components still available?

Are these an un-sung (sp?) gem? How long can I expect to keep them running as well as they do? Replacament components still available?

Yes these are an un-sung gem. I have had a pair for nearly 10 years. They came from a good friend who bought them new when they were being discontinued. They continue to preform well. I now have them paired with KG-.5 (also from Frzinvt), a KG 2.2v and an Ultracube sub for the home theater. I have been very happy with this setup. I am very limited in space so I am stuck with the small speakers, but the sound certainly isn't compromised much at all.