Is the Sub-10 too weak/small for the Icon XL-23's?

slee31

Hi everyone,

Recently purchased three of the XL-23's as my front right & left and center speakers. Been a while since I bought any new HT equipment and wanted to get away for the pervious Sony HTIB that I had. So instead of going the route my father swears by (Bose cubes) I opted for the this ICON series. The XL-23 speakers sound great and look nice, but of course still lack the bass needed. Thinking about the Sub-10 as it is onsale at Amazon for $229.

Does anyone think it might be too weak for the XL-23's or should I go for the Sub-12? Would like the X Icon series subs but spent enough on a new TV, three speakers and a new receiver (Okyno SR806). The speakers and the future sub would be primarly only used for movies/home theater. My wife does not mind the size of the sub-10 or sub-12 or where I will place it (but she minds if I mount speakers on the wall).

Any thoughts would be great or if I should be looking at any other subs from Klipsch (can spend about $400 or so) or another others. Thanks!

Scott

slee31 you are the first person that i read that has the XL-23's and was wondering what you thought of them. I am about to buy some, i am downsizing from the RF-35 system due to the WAF. Just making sure it sounds good i already hav the RW-12d so I have the sub already. I agree with Tommyboy go with the SUB12, from reading this forum it is a good bit better than the 10.

I think they sound great, but when watching Dark Night on Blu-ray you could tell it was missing the deep bass that is needed. Only using it for movies/TV not really a big music listener. Still playing with my receiver Onkyo SR806 so maybe they can even sound better. The wife factor was part of the reason I got them, she wanted some mirage nanosats speakers or Bose.

Not sure if BestBuy still has them on sale (in store) but when I got them last week (the XL-23's) they had them for $320.00 and mentioned to me that they were onsale until Jan. 2.

Thanks for everyone's feedback as I canceled the $229 Sub-10 from Amazon (backordered) and will wait a couple months before getting the Sub-12.

I ended up getting some on christmas eve, I had went to BB but they did not have any in stock so I thought they didn't carry them. Then I went to the other dealer in town and ended up with three of them for 100 dollars off and thought it was a decent deal and ordeded the XB10's. I hooked up the front three last night but didn't get to watch anything yet, but they do sound good for their size. They are just missing the lower range which is expected.