Denon CD Player--Worth Getting Repaired

MBM135

I've got a DCM-370 that I have had for 11 months--warranty almost out. Store I bought it from says to ship it to them and they will repair for free.

Here is what it does: Static discharge problem--occurs when you change disks out of the carousel and then press play--sends horrible static to the amp/speakers. Cycling the power on the unit corrects the problem. Some of the reviews of this bad boy said that "early production models of the 370 have a static discharge problem." So question is can a repair technician really do anything about it or is it a design problem that can't be fixed?

They sell used on eBay for $150 bucks. Will cost me shipping and who no knows how long to fix. My long term plan is to buy a higher end CD player for critical listening and use the changer for dinner parties etc.

Anybody have experience with Denon service or want to provide some advice?

Thanks

MM

Not knowing Denon very well I would say that the MOST you would have to pay for is the shipping to the repair facility, not the return trip. But in reality they (the store you bought the unit from) should reimburse you for the first leg of the transaction.

I bought a preamp from Audio Classics that had to be shipped back for repair and I most certainly got a hand written check for the UPS shipping from me to them. I think this is definitely how a business should be operated.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit