Chuck Mulhern

Joey B KP600

• Moderators

Hi Joey,

Chuck is no longer with Klipsch. I'm not sure how you'd be able to contact him.
If you have questions on our Pro Series, feel free to call our support at 800-554-7724. If they don't have the answer you need, they will find out!

Thanks

Hi Amy;

Talked to chuck just acouple of days before he left. Had some questions about some kp 362s. I had purchased three for an installation in late 2007 and he said they were going to be produced again? wanted to know if they were and also the status of bringing back the kp 366s.

The whole pro division has gone away and wanted to know if it will return? I use a 24 box KP 600 A system for my sound co ( the best sounding large format system EVER ) --all the speakers I use are Klipsch, just hope Pro Returns.

Thanks Joey B Northeast Sound

Dear Mike;

I will post some pictures in the near future. I also use 16 KSM 15 II, 4 KP 450 A, 4 vintage Industrial LaScalas w/trim package, you should hear them with the KP 480 sub. They take a 1963 design and put it over the top. I have 60 Klipsch in my inventory.

Call me sometime aft. 6:00 pm EST and we will talk. I have been using Klipsch since my high school electronics teacher showed me his home LaScalas.( My jaw hit the ground!!!! ) 978-343-9343 My home phone.

Thanks Joey

Hey Joey, can I catch you on the weekend? (when the cell minutes are free)

So do you own the trailer for hauling all that stuff around too, or rent whenever it's time for a gig? And what are you running for amps and processing? That would be a lot of amplifiers if you were biamping everything.

Hi Mike;

I rent a truck. Crest 8001s on subs and lows and Crest 4801s on mids and highs. All others mostly on Carver 2.0s. I have 7 of them in my monitor rack. I use the stock KP 600 EC crossovers because they have optimal curves at x over points and will not overload till after an output of 7v. I tried some BSS mini drives but were to difficult to make adjustments real fast. The Klipsch crossovers were made by USA audio (Whirlwind), they looked at Wheatstone to make them but were to costly. I wish they did build them because they have their drawbacks from USA Audio.

Calling this weekend would be fine. Phone calls would save on our fingers and transfer more info.

TRhanks Joey B Northeast Sound

I would love to hear all that in action but i'm guessing Northeast Sound is in the NE & that ain't nowhere near Arkansas.Big Smile

I bet he would travel to AK if you hired him out for a gig [;)]

btw, sorry I didn't call...got pulled away by a friend wanting "sound" advice for his church. That project has exploded the last couple weeks.

Hi Mike;

Hope your church install goes well, I did an install in Dec 08 in my local senior center which is an old armory with a huge dance hall.

I used 3 Klipsch KI 362s in a center cluster flown up side down and I have close to 180 deg. h - coverage. We used EV amps Ashly ProTea digital eqs. We also used smaller Klipsch speakers for delays. The system kicks A**.

If you ever get a chance call my home phone @ 978-343-9343 and we will talk. Yes a 24 box KP600 system is pretty crazy.

I have had the chance to purchase a new line array but just could not bring myself to do it as I would need 40 boxes to do what the 600s are already doing!!

Thanks Joey B

How are you?

Yes I purchased spare X-overs on E-Bay 5 years ago. The cable ends should be standard Cannon EP Series, if you need cable I can get them built with the EP series connectors on them in any legnth at dealer cost.

The K- 60 driver is an EV DH 1506. The diaph. is still available. You need to take the ring off the assembly as the K-60 does not need it as in the EV driver. If you need any I have them and also if you need I can rebuild them for you.

Call me in the evening sometime 978-343-9343 I may have alot of info you can use as I am well versed in all the pro stuff. And yes a 24 box KP 600 system is scary!!!

You would need 36 to 40 boxes in EAW 850s series which was the best selling trap box concert system at the time to stand up to the KP 600s.

Thanks Joey B

• 2 weeks later...