Damaged Forte II still sounds great...

johnymac

I realize the subject line sounds stupid, but must ask.

I recently put a 1"x1" inch hole in the back on one of the passive radiators on one of my Forte II's.

The passive radiator is still in the speaker, I have been listening to it and can't hear any sound difference at all.

Have had friends over and turned up, they just sound great. I show them the damage after wards and they can't believe it.

Neither can I, I expect a lack of bass, distortion, something.

I'd like to add, there is a little air coming out of this hole.

Currently listening to Marcus Miller, a great bass riff, can't believe how great it sounds.

Could I have another problem with these radiators, not working properly, or does this sound logical?

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.

Thank you.

There's probably some difference, but is dependent upon the source material, room configuration, volume, etc, you might not notice it much. Is the cone material still there? if so, remove the passive, carefully fold the cone material back in place, and you can either use some "liquid latex" sold in hardware stores in electrical section; or some rice paper (cigarette papers) and glue the tears from the rear. You should really do this because the woofer moves in and out, and this "excursion" is designed to be less than what is occuring now with the "leak".