Klipsch LF-10 purchase, maybe

KlipschHead281

I may be able to get my hands on a used LF-10 subwoofer to replace my KSW-300. Impressions on this swap? The KSW-300 hits very hard when needed but it would be nice to have one that responds faster to music. I'm going to move the KSW-300 to the basement to help out the Polk's I have down there. Budget is a concern here right now (no, this can't wait till I can afford a new sub, hard to explain) but I'll be saving for an RT-12d and RF-83's this fall, if the wife doesn't kill me.

I love my LF-10 but it is only practical in a small room (bedroom system) or maybe an apartment or condo.

It sounds awesome but doesn't have a lot of output if you really want to rock out. If you listen at low to moderate levels this sub will not disappoint IMHO.

How much for the LF-10?

Great buy for $350. No sub around that price range can touch it. I still use mine in my HT but it served well even in a 2 ch system with very fast Magnepan speakers. Definitely not as fast as a REL, but quick tight and full of surprises. I've never wanted for more output from mine in a medium size room. Many have problems with air leaks caused by faulty seals. I've never experienced this but supposedly it is a relatively easy fix.