KLF 20 speaker/sub/hz setting

amusingisthedawn

I've gone through a ton of threads about why to set to small or large and what frequency to set speakers to, but it seems the best help came from people stating their system and people with experience with a similar set-up give their input. So...give me some input [:D]

I have a newer receiver that has more frequency settings than I've dealt with before. I also never had such good mains (KLF 20).

First off...does 2 channel stereo and HT use the same settings if you are using the same system for both? I'm confused if I set the sub setting to LFE or LFE+Main. Do I set them them to large or small? What is the best frequency to set the 20's to?

Mine are set at 80 or 100hz... BUT. I've spent the time to EQ my subs, and the response is very smooth, and, my subs can keep up with the mains, so that may not work for you, but it's a starting point. Smaller box subs can be boomy at higher frequencies..

I wouldn't recomend anything below 50hz. you can try starting there and go up...see what sounds best to you. I found that the higher xover point helped keep the mid-bass from getting muddied at higher volumes.

They should be set as small though, as they are not capable of doing much of anything below 35hz. Can't help you on the other setting, as my H-K only gives the LFE + main option when the mains are set to "large"