Cornwalls and reference HT??????

winchester21

OK- Now i've really gone and done it. picked up a killer set of Cornwalls and a Mac amp. I am running the combination as my fronts with Rc64 center- rb81 rears- rb61 surround- all with 200 watt amps- the mac running the cornwalls is a 2105 - everything using the Sony DA2400 ES as a processor/preamp. My plan was to complete the HT system with a set of RF83s(which i love) but now I don't know what to do. My plan was to have a separate 2 channel Heritage system for music which i may still do but some real surprises have come out of this mixture.

The RC64s and the Cornwalls sound lovely together. I am really suprised by this. Really did not think the reference stuff would work with the cornwalls- Trust me - it does. I really thought the Sony Ht receiver would make a crummy preamp for thre Mac- Not the case.The Sony/mac combo is deep, clean and rich in the 2 channel music mode with no hint of the sharp edge that I anticipated. Very acceptable music 2 channel playback- not tube quality but near Mac amp/preamp sound for solid state.

When money allows I will most likely go ahead and complete the Reference HT system and go to a tube setup for 2 channel music. But for an interim setup for music and HT- this ain't half bad. Its like having your cake and eating it too. I am pleasantly surprised.

Somebody is gonna get a real nice set of vintage RF3s out of this deal.