My visit to HudsonValleyNoah's place

BuyOtherSoundEquipment

I just got back late last night from the Hudson Valley, on a trip to pick up a Velodyne VA-1512.

My buddy Dan and I made the 4 hour trek from central PA to south NY, more than a haul than I was expecting. But it was all worth it when we got there, as I had an amazing "extended heritage" experience. Noah's house is set up like a veritable "Klipsch-topia", everywhere you look is either a Chorus II, Forte, La Scala, etc. It's more than likely how my house would look if I lived by myself.

Anyway, Noah put on some fantastic jazz-ish sort of music (help me out here) that really, really excentuated just what PWK was thinking when he said "no distortion."Just cranked up to "stupid loud" with absolutely no signs of stress or even that they were breaking a sweat. He then played us some Outkast, which is very generous in the bass department to say the least. I was convinced that a subwoofer had to be on somewhere in the room. But there wasn't. I was literally shaking in my shoes and the couch was quaking with powerful low frequencies. Just excellent.

I even went as far to make the statement that, even though I own a Reference system, it cannot come close to what the heritage line has to offer. Obviously, that's open to all sorts of debate, but it's made my mind up. lol

So anyway, after the little listening session, we inspected the goody I was after, the 1512. It was in better condition than I could have hoped and sounded excellent, even when placed in the middle of the parlor-sort of area. An exeptional piece for being almost 12 years old.

That wraps up my visit to the empire state, and I must say that HudsonValleyNoah is a great, great guy to deal with and was a very gracious host, even with a crazy "weekend from hell."

Dan and I even got a few free premium cigars out of the deal! How is that for generosity?

All in all, a great time. Thanks Noah!

D,

Well HERE you are!

I had to search the site to see if you posted about your Velo experience!

I was looking up in Garage sale area because thats where I contacted you about the "looking for a Subwoffer" thread...

First off, you are welcome and it was a pleasure to have you and Dan over.

I expect the Velo made it home safe (with the way you had it wrapped up!

I am glad you enjoyed the "New Heritage HT" experience.

It can get a little overwhelming when you turn it up to 60% of MAX volume.

I wish we had the time to play that whole Outkast CD as it gets really intence...

Now you be sure to let those anniversary's get to 70% for a while before you enjoy them.

Post about how you got the Velo to work in HT as I only used my other one with the LaScalas in 2 channel...

Take care,

Noah