"The Epik Story" OR, "Is That Any Way To Run A Company?"

jdm56

They scared me away. This sub was first or second on my short list. Great sub- maybe the best one in existance for less than thousands. Here's the rub- Subs break down as they age- I got some not so warm and fuzzy vibes trying to e-mail and talk to someone- like a company with no one in charge.I can see me with a broke down sub trying to find parts from a bankrupt company a few years down the road. Not saying that this will happen- but with this economy???? Who knows.

I bought a as new -used klipsch rsw15. Depending on which test you read- it is one of the very best subs out there. If it breaks down- 140.00 flat fee repair. They have parts. Mine arrived DOA due to a minor wiring problem. The klipsch tech people talked me though taking the monster apart and fixing it on the spot by telephone. Try that with another brand. The conquest MAY be a whisker better than the RSW 15- I will conceed that. But for my money- give me the RSW-15- if you can find somebody who is willing to part with one.- that is the hard part.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not mean to start a p---- measuring contest about who's sub digs the deepest. That subject has already been beaten to death in another thread in this section. My point was that IMHO the company has issues and may not be around to support the product sometime down the road which is a shame because the sub is great. If the Conquest had klipsch badges and the corporate support I would have 2 of them in my listening room as we speak. I am very happy with the RSW-15 with all points taken into account. I intend to add a second one in the future.

I've had my Conquest for nine months now and it's been rock solid so far, I'm very confident in the longevity of this subwoofer. Everything is overbuilt in this monster, the amp is 1000 watts but the driver is spec'd to run off of a 3000 watt amp. It also has excellent protection built into the amp, if you exceed it's limits it will shut down. From looking at the new subs and the changes that were made, it does look like Epik had problems getting Bash amps and the fact that they were able to revamp their line, including what appears to be a downsizing effort (for WAF), is a testament to their continued efforts to stay afloat and get back into the game with minimal down time. As is the case with Emotiva, these internet only audio companies like Epik are very exciting to me and I will continue to follow them even though they are not perceived to be as rock solid as Klipsch, we'll see how everything plays out. This economy that we have right now will be a good test, I hope both of the aforementioned co's succeed and the strength of their products will be a huge factor, I'm sure.

That's a Raxxess 20 space economy rack that I got for around $90, Mid Atlantic makes one that's almost identical. I didn't realize when I bought it that the Emo amps were going to stick out the back 3" so I should have got the upgrade rack that has thicker sides and 20" deep but so far this one is working fine. The Emo amps don't get hot so you can stack them without worry. When my gear gets finalized I will blank off the empty spaces sometime this year. I tried to get something that was going to be about the same height as my sub at around 36".

Just for the record- months ago- when I first began to surf this forum - before I had anything except for a mismatch of old reference stuff from the early 2000s I would look and lust after the appearance of your system. It looked like some kind of custom made setup designed by some interior sound guy that cost tens of thousands of dollars. It was and still is is one of the coolest setups that I have seen even with price as no object. It is a model for the way I want my stuff to look if I ever finish it. Nicely done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for the record- months ago- when I first began to surf this forum - before I had anything except for a mismatch of old reference stuff from the early 2000s I would look and lust after the appearance of your system. It looked like some kind of custom made setup designed by some interior sound guy that cost tens of thousands of dollars. It was and still is is one of the coolest setups that I have seen even with price as no object. It is a model for the way I want my stuff to look if I ever finish it. Nicely done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing my room on the Epik site was pretty cool, they saw my pics on AVS forum and asked if they could use them. My equipment is still not finalized yet and I'm still working on hiding cables, etc. It's a mancave so if it's a little rough around the edges, I can't feel too bad about it. The "price is no object" was exactly the opposite direction I intended to go since I was tapping my home equity and the room cost $55,000 to build so there was a limited amount left over for the HT budget. This is where Emotiva and Epik come into the story. You can't ignore what you get for the money although some may have doubts about their longevity. Same story with the Klipsch RF-7/RC-7reference speakers, although discontinued they are still a tremendous value. I saved enough money to have another RF/C set in the living room to build a 3.1 system which will also have Emotiva and Epik products.