"The Epik Story" OR, "Is That Any Way To Run A Company?"

jdm56

I've read lots of good things about Epik subs, but for MONTHS now, everytime I check their website, they only have one model available. They show quite a few, but only the Conquest seems to be a real product that a person could buy. Seems kind of strange to me. I assumed their products were made in the USA, but maybe they're just imported and they can't get them for some reason. The advertised prices are very competitive, but so far, the actual products seem to be mostly vaporware.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, good looking out. I have see the same things about how good they are but didn't know about the "out of stock" problem. It might be a simple phone call to see what they say. Also from everything that I have seen they said the subs are made here in the US but that doesn't mean the parts are not from somewhere else. The pictures on the site indicate that they make the enclosure themselves, in Crystal Lake, IL.

I just might have to call on Monday to see what they say..... [^o)]

James

I've read lots of good things about Epik subs, but for MONTHS now, everytime I check their website, they only have one model available. They show quite a few, but only the Conquest seems to be a real product that a person could buy. Seems kind of strange to me. I assumed their products were made in the USA, but maybe they're just imported and they can't get them for some reason. The advertised prices are very competitive, but so far, the actual products seem to be mostly vaporware.

I'm calling them tomorrow, I'll post what they say about the lack of updates etc...

i contacted them via e-mail before the holidays and they replied very promptly. the way i read into it was that you pay up front, they build the sub you want, then delivery is set up. 4-6 weeks from start to finish. it would be nice if they could keep atleast a few in stock...

i contacted them via e-mail before the holidays and they replied very promptly. the way i read into it was that you pay up front, they build the sub you want, then delivery is set up. 4-6 weeks from start to finish. it would be nice if they could keep atleast a few in stock...

I e-mailed them at one point, too. I got the impression they just didn't have the models I was looking at (Valor and Knight) and that they didn't know when they would be able to get them, either. So I'm still "corn-fused" (as we say in Cedar County). It seems to me if a particular model is special order only, they should just say so. When I contacted them, I don't recall being told I could get the product in question at all; just that they were out, period.

I went on line and ordered a Tower from them. With in 3 weeks the sub arrived on a pallet in excellent shape. I was charged only after the sub was shipped and I was sent a tracking number. I have been using it ever since, replaced my RSW15. Its heavy, over built and sounds great, blends it seemlessly with the RF7s if set up correctly and simply does not have to work that hard to produce great bass. I would recommend them highly. I believe they have a single CNC machine so theu build each model in batches. Its a small operation for sure, but you really get a bang for your buck with thier products.

I ordered a Conquest last summer got it in Aug 08 after a three week wait. Incredible sub, it will change the way you experience your sound system in the 16 hz- 60 hz range and really enhance your movie watching experiences. I think the word got out about them and they're having growing pains trying to keep up. My Conquest is the star of my home theater and continues to amaze everyone that experiences it.

Posted Image

They are a young company with growing pains. They never expected their subs to take off the way they did. I've had my Conquest for a while now. I bought mine when they made a move into a larger building, so they could keep up with all the orders that they were receiving. I think it's time for them to make another move for the same reason. It's nice to see one business doing so well in this economy.

They are a great company, don't worry about them. I did find in the past that it was best to call them instead of using email.

Well I have been trying to decide what to buy for months and I havent heard anything bad about a conquest yet and after getting to see a REAL picture of a Conquest i could wait a long time to get one....its beautiful *sniffle* Size is really not an issue for me, I like big stuff it will blend in nicely with my rf-83's. I know the epik site is very spartan at best but at thtis price range they probably cant afford much more :)

Oh wow, I just realized that Epik is run by Chad Kuyper....he's the same guy from Ascendant Audio. I can't believe I didn't notice this before.

Anyways, a couple years ago now Chad helped me out with a sub workshop I did for the AES in college. I drove up to his shop to pick up the 16 woofers and then got a tour of the place too...and got to hear the prototype version of the Conquest. Yep, that thing can go real loud.

Chad is a real cool dude and definitely a guy with morals and good business ethics. I would definitely do business with him again.