guys, what do you think about this sub?

Manuel Delaflor

Big cheap woofa in a big cheap made box,specs look inpressive on paper.

I guess for $200 you cant really go wrong,hey its a 15" woofa with a 200W "RMS" amp.I dont think this thing is linear or has any serious output at 20Hz.

Its more of a 40Hz pound a sound boom boom "sub".

Well its $200 so it good for the dollar.

Its a BIG El Cheapo sub.A nice upgrade for Sony WM40 users who think they own gold.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

A "steal" perhaps, Manuel. But, I am afraid the person stolen from will be you! A subwoofer is the second most important speaker in your rig... only the center channel is more important in HT... between these two the vast majority of important sound will be channeled. Find your economies in less important speakers like (in decending order of importance): mains, surrounds, rear effects and front effects. cwm15.gif HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 02-11-2002 at 12:15 PM

HornEd

don't worry ;-) Im not wanting to buy it. I currently own a KSW12, not the best, but good. And Im planning to get either a SVS or a HSU, or even make my own sonosub with plently power (no less than 500wRMS) and a Tempest driver.

Still, I think the audiosource is a really nice sub for the price. You won't be able to buy a 200watts amplifier (and I guess Audiosource is putting real numbers here, according to his reputation with good quality amplifiers), or even just a good 15 inch driver with 200 bucks...

This message has been edited by Manuel on 02-11-2002 at 01:37 PM

Damn right Horned one,subs are important.Only snooty dreamy audiophiles with loads of income can buy huge Wilson X1 or Dynaudio Evidence that dont need subs.

For the rest of us the sub is a near must and a pleasure to tweak.I can say I am a sub human sub freak,with 9 subs I am the King of Low! LOL

Three more subs to add(JBL Ti-K,SVS SS and the upcoming

new Sunfire subs with outboard EQ's!)

He he

Manuel,

The Audiosource sub is a good deal,hey its under $200!

Nobody can ask for a Ultra or Signature for $200,no.

TheEAR(s) Now theears