Bryston 4B & Klipsch KLF-30s...

sjcruiser

I recently added a later version of the original Bryston 4B (plain black face plate with black handles) to my system. While it sounds fantastic with the HK as the preamp, I did encounter a few things that I'd like to ask to the Klipsch experts:

1. Noticeable hissing noises from the speakers idling at closed perimeter. I don't hear it at listening position - is that normal? If not, is it expected with amp that's >20 years old? In that case, is there any modifications that could help?

2. When powering down the amp, there are some high frequency ('tweet' litterally) sound coming from the speakers, panning from left to right (as the capacitors discharge?). Would new capacitors fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Frank.

There is no gain controls on unit. I guess you were confused with newer (pro) versions.

Also, for the second issue, it does not matter which state the preamp is in...The preamp could be turned off for a few minutes before the amp yet the amp still makes the noises upon powering down.

I own 2 Bryston 4B and both have gain just you did not specified if yours had gain sorry about that, i have one with black handles 25 years old with gain in front and the other chromed handles 27 years old and gain in the back, both are death silence on power up or down and never been modified still original and keep rocking.