RC 7 vs RC64

johnhart

• 14 years later...
On 1/31/2009 at 6:07 PM, falcon20x said:

I have done the test between a RC 3, a RC 7, a RC 7 with dean X-over upgrade and the RC-64.

No need to say the RC 3 was not in the same league. The normal RC 7 is not as smooth as RC 64 but it is more revealing and little more harsh. I could hardly hear a difference between the RC 7 with the X-over upgrade and the RC 64.

You will not be disappointed with either one regardless.

One thing I rarely see being discussed is the fact that the RC7 is a ported speaker and the RC 64 is not. I did noticed a differeence in the bass, the RC 7 being better to me.

My assessment of the same speakers reviews here matches exactly. I will also add that the RC-64 and RC-64ii do not produce the same “kick in the chest” impact as the RC-7 during intense military movie scenes.

For sure, The RC-7 is special - a gem of Klipsch engineering - and I would like to see Klipsch bring this one back into production! Fortunately you can still find these used for $400, significantly less expensive than a the newest center flagship RC-64 iterations. I now have 3 of these and still need to sell off my RC-64ii and replace with a fourth RC-7. Cheers!

• Like 1