Emotiva XPA-3 hookups?

nezff

ok, I have an update. I was turning off and on lamps. turned off the directv dvr. tried the linksys access point. then I just took the right rca out of the xpa-3 and voila! the humming completely stopped. BAD RCA. that problem is solved, so know the emotiva xpa-3 is now worth more than it was before the humming. Now I gotta find me a amp stand.

i know you already bought the rca, so hopefully this will make you feel better. called emotiva and asked tech about xlr vs rca. the guy told me he can "measure" the difference, but can't hear the difference. that is also taking into account the cables are both >5'. he said when the cables get a little longer, is when the real difference takes place. so assuming you have your amp near your pioneer and your cables are less than 5', should sound the exact same as xlr connectors.

glad to hear the amp worked out. back cables will always give you a headache. i had a bad crossover in my rf-7, if you could believe me, and it took me days to figure it out. mainly because i have never heard of a crossover being bad. tech couldn't believe it also.

Ok, I ordered digital coaxial cables from monoprice, but was told these were not right to use as analog interconnects with my amp due to the impedance difference. the guy at blue jeans told me that I would be better off getting three sub cables from them. I am so confused. I need three 8 foot cables to hook my amp to my pioneer, thats it. is it that hard?

The hum is back, I put regular analog interconnects from my pioneer to my emotiva and the hum is back. Also I have been doing some music and movie listening and I have to tell you, I notice subtle differences in the sound. It sounds more crisp, but not sure if it is worth the price of the amp. I like the emotiva, but my RF63s and RC64 sounded pretty damn good with the pioneer elite pushing them. I guess because klipsch speakers are so efficient.

ok, new test. i used my ipod touch with a 3.5mm on one end and the righ and left rcas on the other. NO HUM from the speakers. I am assuming the pioneer might be to blame. I can always send it back to 6ave.com.

Do you guys believe the pioneer elite could be the problem?