Help choosing a budget subwoofer.

slawre5

Hey guys I need some advice on a budget subwoofer for my 5.1 system in my living room. It's going to consist of KG 5.2s for the fronts KG 3.2s for surrounds I'm looking to buy a center channel and a subwoofer. I will power the subwoofer with an Adcom GFA-2535 bridged to 200 watts @ 8 ohms. I realize this is a klipsch forum but I was thinking about buying a 12 inch Miller and Kreisel driver off of ebay (90$) and building a subwoofer ( I have experience in buidling cabinetry and access to an extensive woodshop)...

Any thoughts? maybe open me up to some more options? I check craigslist in the dallas area for a used klipsch subwoofer but they are always kinda pricey.

welcome, we are glad you joined our little group....

A2-300

anything from them will be worth your money. i have the same subwoofer and it is turned down, and still shakes things around. not to be nit picky, but since this is a "subwoofer" question, you should post it in that section.

maybe The Ear can respond and give the expert advice and which sub woofers to buy. i cheaped out and bought the a2-300. not sure if that was the specific one he reccemended.