Forte II tweeter crackle suggestions?

flyjetguy

Switched tweeters and still have crackle in left speaker, not often but mostly with DVDs. Purchased new in 1990. Currently all original (not bad for 19 years and three continents). Looking for repairs and suggested upgrades. I'll be prowling this forum but any specific suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Are you sure it is on the high end? I had one of my woofers resonate that sounded like a crackle. It was loose from the cabinet and the thin black stripping was missing from a previous owner. I used some really thin weather stripping around the woofer and reset it in the cabinet and then made sure all screws holding the speakers to the cabinet were tight. Take your grills off, play the passage that causes it. Keep replaying it while appling pressure to differant parts of the speaker frames. All three. See if you can make it go away. If not it may be a loose conection in the crossover or coming from your amp as previously mentioned. Those are more expensive fixes.