Adcom GDA-600 or MSB link III

atom

now i am comparing between the Adcom GDA-600 and MSB link III to upgrade my pioneer 343. my system is RB-5, RC-3,RS-3,denon AVR-3801 and SVS20-39pc.

so which dac is bettet to my system no matter price, whether upgradable, or anything beyoned music.

any instuction? thanks

This won't be much help, but every little bit...

I have an Adcom GDA600. I have never heard the MSB link III. I have compared the Adcom to a variety of other D/A processors. Only one I heard that made me waiver between the Adcom and something else was the original CAL Sigma D/A, which had a tube based output section and sounded VERY different from the Adcom. I ultimately decided the Adcom's bass was more accurate and it sounded more dynamic.

I have heard other D/A's in the many years since I bought the Adcom, and I've never heard one so much better that I wanted to sell the adcom and buy something different.

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

I am sure ray is right about few DACs bettering the adcom...so think carefully before upgrading. I did buy a link III (with the upsampling upgrade) and love what it did to my system...I admit that I was mmoving up from base ground, the built in DACs on my Sony CD changers...but there is no doubt that the MSB DAC is a great sounding unit AND that the DAC has the greatest affect on the CDs sound (more than the transport)...can you get a loaner to try? if you live in el salvador I would be glad to loan it to you for an afternoon listening session!...warm regards and good luck, tony