DIY Sub Help - Ear? Someone

wsu99999

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael -

Thanks so much for the hard work! I appreciate the help. I'm hoping the 2200 adds some voltage and that is the issue with the amp.

I've got a beer on your problem being the DIP switches. Let me know if I'm right or wrong, I'll drink one either way

Yeah, the difference is night and day. Now, I need a better subwoofer because this thing can litereally blow the sub out of the box. When I maxed out the gain on the amp and turned up the gain on the 2200, I could see how easily the right note would make the speaker explode!!

The guy that built the box for me is a speaker manufacturer. I want you guys to look him up, his company is Pierce Audio Group.

Mainly they do car stereo stuff, but he is building me a custom 15" sub that can handle the bridged power of the 2500 as well as go down to 10hz (supposedly). I went to his workshop and it was quite impressive. Much more impressive than the subs on his website are the custom models he makes. He has a lot of HT stuff not listed.

I will let you know the results of the new subwoofer when I get it.

Thanks for everything!

Picture of the backside of a brand spanking new Acoustic Elegance AV12X, all 40 pounds of it, 2.5" coil motor that will take a KW thermally, with very low inductance from full copper sleeve on the pole piece. 4 layer flat wound alu wire coil, 22 mm of xmax, and a strong 5052 aluminum cone and dustcap round out this unit.

post-9504-13819454522916_thumb.jpg

Scott at FI did a great job of copying the desiign of another famous subwoofer on that one.Wink

Which sub would that be?

Look familiar? Out several years before he made his version....unfortunately there are so many woofers out there ,that all of them are so close in design paramaters and cosmetics (since they put woofers together using parts from the same place.)....The days of going to the trouble to patent speakers are almost over...Posted Image

I'm not going any farther with this and stir up any crap.

• 2 weeks later...

OK - Question for Michael and the rest - What other sub could I drop into my current setup that could handle more watts and that would produce more output. The dvc is loud, and sounds good, but I know I can get more. Do I need to go up to a 15, or is there a 12 on the market that will get the job done?