Forte I damaged radiator cone

tnt95

If you are referring only to the center dome (dustcap), then no, it will not affect the sound. This is a common problem with exposed drivers, usually caused by toddlers, animals, or drunks. You can try to pull it out first using semi-sticky tape, like masking tape. If that doesn't work, you can use a straight pin bent 90 degrees, insert at the deepest dent, and pull out; then put a dab of glue over the pinhole. If you mean that the whole 12" driver cone is pushed in, that's probably another story, and may warrant a replacement (which may not exist).

If you are referring only to the center dome (dustcap), then no, it will not affect the sound. This is a common problem with exposed drivers, usually caused by toddlers, animals, or drunks. You can try to pull it out first using semi-sticky tape, like masking tape. If that doesn't work, you can use a straight pin bent 90 degrees, insert at the deepest dent, and pull out; then put a dab of glue over the pinhole. If you mean that the whole 12" driver cone is pushed in, that's probably another story, and may warrant a replacement (which may not exist).

Thanks. It's just the center dome on one of the passive radiators at the rear.

Hey tnt95,

I was looking at the same pair but was a little put off by the seller when after I inquired about the speakers he raised his price by $120.

The seller said in his email back to me "the person to offer most over $xxx can have them".

I thought this was suppose to be a classified, not a FleaBay auction. [*-)]

post-27869-13819446712228_thumb.jpg

Hey tnt95,

I was looking at the same pair but was a little put off by the seller when after I inquired about the speakers he raised his price by $120.

The seller said in his email back to me "the person to offer most over $xxx can have them".

I thought this was suppose to be a classified, not a FleaBay auction. Confused

Another CAM member contacted the selling to advise them that their price was too low!

I didn't really have a problem with him deciding to change the price, I was a little miffed at him turning his

classified ad (traditionally the format on CAM) into a bidding situation.

FleaBay would be a more appropriate venue for an auction.