Seeking advice on correct method for installing in-walls

EdChesson

My apologies if this is already posted [my searches have not found anything as yet] -- I have several questions related to in-wall and ceiling speaker installs.

The fronts and center (looking at KL-6502-THX for the center and R-5502-W for the L & R fronts) -- first question -- should I use all the same for the fronts? I thought I would "upgrade" the center a little with the 6502. They will be put into a "false wall" that allows a rear proj TV to sit flush, built out ~20"...so, second question is whether I should box in behind these speakers so they effectively sit in a normal wall cavity (vs. a 20" deep cavity)....should I fill or partially fill the cavity with insulation?...should I isolate the 3 fronts from each other -- by boxing in again...would a bigger (deeper is easy) cavity for each speaker be "better"....the center will sit below the TV...did not plan to box in behind it unless you think otherwise.

I plan to use ceiling speakers for the side surrounds -- and they will be between the same set of ceiling joists -- similar concern as above -- do I need to somehow isolate between them (try to get a block of wood up into the space)...and should I stuff insulation up into the holes prior to inserting speakers?

Any other thoughts or comments are definitely welcome --- thanks.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for this late reply .I forgot the login Password. R-5502-W is reference series . Means more sensitivity than THX series . I beleive you will be hearing crisp dialogs with little low side channels. THX standards are very critical to room acoustics AMP and room dimensions . I have installed almost every model from klipsch from cinema-6 to RF-83's. I had the utmost difficulty in mounting the ultra -2 KS-525's .

You should use a enclosure that is 3.75" in depth and pack it with a layer of glasswool . A 20" cavity will totally spoil the infinite baffle adherence. Since the surrounds are less dynamic in a movie it can be mounted on the ceiling as it is. Good luck and best wishes.

Regards

Rajesh

[Y]