Just purchased KG 3.5s as side surrounds

wuzzzer

My basement isn't set up very well for wall mounting my RS-42s so I've been poking around for a pair of floorstanding speakers that I can use as side surrounds. Found a pair on eBay from a nearby seller that I ended up getting today. They're not oak oil like my Fortes but they're close. Picked them up for $152.50 which I thought was a pretty decent deal. He's driving about halfway to meet me to deliver them as well which is nice.

I'll be putting my RS-42s up for sale in the Classifieds section after I get the KGs.

Hi wuzzer,

I got 2 KG 4.5 as side surrounds. I am looking forward to hearing your experience. In the beginning I had them toed in towards my listening position 1,7m away in each corner of the room. I have no toed them inwards so that the face the bookshelf which is behind me and think this indirect way sounds better, still experimenting though.

Regards

Nima

Kind of frustrating, I've sent a couple emails to the seller requesting him to send an invoice without the shipping charges and he keeps emailing me wondering if I'm going to pick them up from him this weekend or not. For some reason he isn't getting my emails. I sent three tonight, two through eBay and one through regular email. I can't figure out why he isn't getting them.

Well, I drove and picked up the speakers tonight. Only had to drive an hour each way to get them.

They are beautiful! Medium Oak color and in very nice cosmetic condition. Pretty close match to the Oiled Oak in my Fortes.

I hooked them up as my surrounds and I have to admit, I really like the sound of this type of speaker compared to the RS-42s that these replaced. I've only listened to some music in AllChannelStereo mode on my receiver so far though. I'll have to see how they do for movies tomorrow but I'm sure I'll like them for movies as well.

They definitely have a sound that is closer to my Fortes. The RS-42s had more output in the upper frequencies. The KGs definitely have a fuller sound across a broader range. I like that they are front ported so placement isn't much of an issue at all. Right now I have them sitting about 2 feet behind my main listening position and aimed directly at it.

The guy I bought them from said that his wife finally won out and his Bose Acoustimass system replaced his KG 3.5s, .5s and KSW-12 sub. He said he liked the Klipsch quite a bit better than Bose. He was very jealous of my setup. Hopefully my wife didn't get any ideas as she was sitting in the car listening to him talk about Bose...[+o(]

So a couple days ago at work I was talking to a co-worker about my new purchase. I told her that the guy I bought the KG 3.5s from had a Bose acoustimass setup that's he's using now and that his wife made him sell the Klipsch and keep the Bose. I told her how he said that he preferred the sound of the Klipsch much more than the Bose. She seemed pretty dumbfounded and said "Your speakers are better than Bose?!?" [^o)]