Want a loud clear setup upgrade from klipsch promedias

pHEnomIC69

I have been listening to music on my klipsch promedia 4.1's for like 8 years. They just don't get loud enough for parties at my place. I have been running them 2.1 lately as I didnt feel like running wire in current room. I want to get 2 big floor standing speakers. I am a bass head and want loud deep bass like the stuff you hear at clubs or concert halls. What can you recommend for my setup.

I hooked my parents up with a quintet setup and a sub-12 and it is close to what I want but I have no need for a 5.1 system.

What do you suggest I look into as far as these likes.

I had some klipsch forte ii's for a little while and they were awesome loudness wise but still didnt have that deep loud bass I was looking for.

I would like to try to pic up an older set to be honest used preferrably and on a budget. I am a klipsch fan and pretty brand loyal.

PH,

Welcome,

These were intended for lower level listening and gaming.

I strongly suggest that you get a regular receiver and some bigger speakers. Run an RCA cable from your computer (where I assume you have your music) to your receiver.

This way you will be able to achieve louder music responses and not damage the speakers.

Any of the brand name receivers will do just fine, along with the RF 62 series speakers. These will rock your world.

OR a set of used Cornwalls, or Fortes.............Good luck on the Jorney.............

You need a subwoofer. If you liked the Quintet with sub but the Forte didn't do it, you want really big bass and need a sub for what you are seeking. I'd recommend the Fortes with a subwoofer. I'm assuming that you are young and want to shake the house at parties. Klipsch makes some new subs that are about $300 to $400 that put out a lot of bass.

I think that makes sense, a seperate subwoofer. What do you guys recommend I look out for to be as cheap as possible. I will eventually upgrade when I have more cash and want to do a full out home theater back home. When I can do it right.

I gotta look around for forte prices and stuff, anything else I should look at it to keep costs down?