Piecing together a sub 12

superedge88

I'm not sure your asking the right question. The question your asking about "series or parallel" that's when you are connecting 2 or more subs together.

What you need to find out is: What Ohm is that Amp? When you find out the Ohm's then you will know how to wire your woofer, since it's dual voice coil. You may not need to change anything, depending on the woofer or you may have to wire it down to 2ohm or up to 8ohm.

• Like 1

That's what I am asking- do I wire the dual voice coils in series or parallel? Also, is their a better/more efficient woofer out there for around the same price that would work better in the sub 12 enclosure for around the same money (under $100)

I have no idea what im comparing here. Your asking is there something better/more eff. then what?

• Like 1

Well I just found out through Klipsch support that I had read wrong, that the sub is single voice coil, so I guess the wiring of the sub is a non issue. I can't wait for the parts to come in, piecing this sub together is costing me less than $175, so I am saving a ton of money and only sacrificing a little on the asthetic side, the box is a little knicked up, but I don't mind.