Sub 12 coupled with a Sub 10? Or am I just crazy?

superedge88

I have heard of some people trying to match them together with complete happiness and other's who just can't get them to work together.

I guess it would depend on your room setting and putting a sub-10 and sub-12 together. If you do try to work that out, I would ask that you not try to get the loudest possible setting. Putting 2 subs to work together is not for how hard or loud you can get them.

Most people put 2 subs together to get a more smoothier bass tone and wider sweet spot in a room. I have 2 sub-12's and I have the db turned down in my amp and the volume level below 50% on each of the subs. If I wanted to shake the walls and vibrate things in the house, all I would need is 1 sub-12 for that. When my bass hits, My bass sounds so heavy. The bass is not overpowering any movie I watch.

• Like 1

I will probably just take your word on the bass shaking. I have a sub 10 currently hooked up that I am pushing 3/4 gain on (as far as I would comfortably go to make sure I don't damage the woofer) I have a VERY large air space, the main level of my house is one of those "open" floor plans and also sharres space with my master stairway... it is a lot of air space to pressurize, but I suppose that the sub 12 has a much more powerful amplifier, and it is the budget sub that is raved about throughout this site and others. I will test things out before I get rid of my sub 10, but most likely I will just keep things simple and go with the single sub 12.

I don't own a sub 10, but refer to the subs in my sig. It was a "task" to get them to blend, but after a few hours, the bass was amazing. Like Hamp said, I'm not out to knock stuff off the walls or anything, so I also keep them turned down quite a bit. I like everything (highs, mids and bass) to be pretty level, but the two subs did help smooth out the overall bass. The Sub 12 is a beast compared to my 10, so I sort of had to turn down the 12; as it kept leaving the 10 behind. But, I say try it out with both, and be patient about setting/calibrating them together. It's pretty time comsuming, but SO worth it. And obviously if you don't like it, get rid of the Sub 10.........