seperate amp?

chef73

I am thinking of getting a 3 channel amp for my home theater. I currently have a yamaha rx v-663 and really like the way it sounds and it has all of the new audio codes. It is rated at 95 watts per channel and does the trick for my current set up in my living room.

Fronts rf-62 center-52 surrounds rb-51 subs ksw-12 energy esw-10

I will be moving everything to my basement which should be finished very soon. The room will be 286 square feet and I will have a 7.1 setup. My question is will I need a external amp or will my reciever be enough power? Just wondering if anyone has a similar setup that can give me some insight.

First off Welcome and nice setup.

Well really only you can answer that question. I would wait to see when you get everything hooked up and see how it sounds. If you then think you might need a little extra power then indeed go for it.

Remember, you are the one that has to be happy with the setup and sound. If you aren't happy add more power or treatments. It will sound different for the fact that you will now be in a basement with concrete walls and floor.

James