This Sunday Wynton Marsilas at Uihlein Hall

boomac

“The virtuosic 15-piece band will perform a unique repertoire including classic Blue Note Records tunes by Herbie Hancock, Joe Henderson, Jackie McLean, Lee Morgan, as well as the music of Thelonious Monk and modern compositions and arrangements by jazz contemporaries which include members of the band.”

I figure to go and would enjoy some company. If anybody is nterested, shoot me a PM or give me a call. This should be a great concert and an excellent time to experience what Blue Note was all about.

Scotty, I'd LOVE to be there. However, it's a long way from balmy Galveston Bay to the frozen north and I got no mucklucks, or whatever.

That is going to be one awesome concert. I really am clueless at the criticism Wynton gets as just being a "big band" leader. For one thing, his style sound is totally different from from any of the others, and besides that his arrangements are unique works of art.

I suspect he doesn't cry too much as he collects his million dollar per year salary from Lincoln Center!

Dave

Come on Dave. It's in the "teens" here this time of year and we actually have heat in most of the homes! While downtown and the airport got 14" of snow yesterday it was sunny and clear out here, (just 30 miles away). Sweater weather!

It should be a great concert. It would be nice to get a couple of my local pals to forego the headbanger and techno stuff and join me. Hint!