C1 broken wire

judobrian

Greetings,

I emailed customer support about this, but received no response. Therefore, I thought I would try here. I have a pair of C1 headphones that I received in Jan 2008 - absolutely incredible sound, love them for working out, etc. However, starting in February 09 I would intermittently lose sound in the left earbud. Manipulation of the cord just past the rubberized coating of the plug-in end would bring the sound in and out, consistent with a broken wire. Is there a repair option available (as of course this did not occur until just 1 year after purchase)? Thanks for any assistance / suggestions. Of note, these were purchased online.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having seen this poster say thank you to customer service I'd like to report a similar problem. I also received no reply by email from customer service when I made an inquiry. I purchased my earphones October 2008. The left is detached at the jack - can get sound by pinching and manipulating only. I would love to know what options or sources there are for repairing. That would be preferable to spending $130 on a new set every 6 months when the wires wear out. Otherwise these earphones are terrific, and I can hold the volume much further down than the replacement I purchased when the wire gave out. I appreciate any help you can offer.