new toy

I am hiding in the man cave waiting on the lady to go to bed so I can sneak the 2nd pair of Lascallas in the door that I bought today.

LOL Sneak and La Scala rarely go together! LOL Especially when it is your SECOND PAIR!!! [:@]

Win, you are moving up the audio chain faster than a speeding bullet! Maybe you need a "Superman" avatar! [;)]

Congratulations and you will be in my prayers! But just in case......what is your address so I can get there first, if the wife finds out! [:o]

Dennie [:P]

• 2 weeks later...

The Black jolida arrived today. I hooked it up to my 2ch setup and played a few red box CDs. WOW--- Box stock no mods. Drop shipped directly from the Jolida warehouse in MD. New stock form Audiogon auction. 825.00 delivered including a 50.00 upgrade for black. I shopped this deal to death. Looked at several options. Tried a number of different CD players including Adcom-Sony entry level- cambridge 640 which is really really nice for 400.00. Also tried to save money by using a DVD- Oppo - Toshiba-My Sony 550. Also listened to several Macs, Marantz, Naim or Linn(not sure which), and some kind of 5000 custom built player on systems other than mine.

I started off with some loud rock- Tom Petty- Sweet Vine-ZZ Top-Allman Bros, Switched off to Mark Knoffler/ Emmy Lou Harris-then to some Jonny lang- SRV - anfd finally to some Gillian Welch. Did not hear a single CD that this system did not like. Using the DVD players- there was a particular difference from CD to CD. Some were great- some not so great.This is one of the more forgiving units that I have ever heard which is an issue with all of the crummy CDs floating around. I did hear the sharp edgey highs that some people complain about. With my listening style and taste- combined with the bass on the k horns- I may not try to tube this out of the player. I will listen to it for a month and then decide. The Jolida has a delicious "liquid" type sound that flows thru the system and makes the K horns sound soooo sweet!!!!!!!!! The very slight gravel edge between the highs and mids that can be slightly detected in the DVDs and the less expensive CD players is completely absent form this player.Build quality is great except fot than &^^%ing battery tray in the remote- Total POS. I had to open and adjust 3 times to get it to work. The Jolida sounds better to me than ever the Mac music server that I considered at one time for a heck of a lot more cash..The 5000.00 gismo maybe had a s l i g h t edge but was it worth an extra 4175.00?? Absoultely not.

Bottom line- If you are buying for value- go straight to this player or the Cambridge. The Jolida murders the Cambridge IMHO BUT at more than twice the price- even at a deal. The Jolida is a slam dunk no brainer. You can adjust the sound by switching tubes to your liking. I have lost my desire for the 3500.00 stuff after hearing this one in my listening room hooked up to my modestly priced but high performing older stuff. So now I have the price of a new Esoteric CD player ( my dream machine)in my entire 2 channel setup. What a joke.The Jolida put it into a whole different catagory. Don't let anyone tell you that a DVD or a cheap CD player sound the same a a quality player because it is just not so. At least not with my stuff. I tried everything that I could to make it work to save money for other stuff and could not pull it off. The only free lunch in this game is old Klipsch .

I have a source for silver units at 745.00 and black for 795 Plus shipping- 28.00 east coast. New- factory warranty- no games- great source. Pm me for the name if you are interested.You will not be dissapointed.